This mid-afternoon pick-me-up for the office comes courtesy of Linda Cast, who works here in Austin at AMD. “This is what I do when I need a mid-afternoon mood fix,” Linda explains. “It quickly replaces the afternoon blues with a feeling of serenity and achievement.” Thanks for sharing, Linda!
- Go to a quiet back staircase or an empty room
- Walk up a few flights (or march/dance in place)
- Do 10 rowing exercises (or your favorite large-muscle exercise)
- Walk up a few more flights (or more marching/dancing)
- Do something out-of-the-ordinary (e.g., visit another department, make popcorn, enjoy the view out a window)
- Return to your desk
- Drink a glass of water
- Repeat as needed
What is your favorite office uplift? Share it with us all in the comments section!
Photo by christhomson