My eyes are blurry from a few days spent researching fresh facts on the state of women in the USA. (Yep, I’m updating my media kit for the upcoming audiobook.)
I just had to share this right away!
The YWCA has a really great webpage entitled “10 Simple Ideas to Empower Women.”
The first few ideas, in brief:
- Value yourself, and relationships where you are an equal.
- Learn how to own your voice and assert your opinions.
- Identify words and language that communicate gender bias.
- Speak up about sexist jokes or sexist images.
- Focus on the person instead of appearance.
Which idea is your favorite? Leave a comment below.