1. Read about Eudora Welty’s garden. One Woman’s Garden is part picture book, part women’s history, part plant list.
2. Learn something new. Check out Skillshare.com, a community marketplace for live and online classes.
3. Meet someone new. Find a group to hang out with on MeetUp.com.
4. Get inspired by a life devoted to beauty. Watch “Bill Cunningham New York,” a soul-stirring documentary about the 80-something photographer who bicycles around New York City capturing street style for the New York Times.
5. Plant some lavender. Even if it’s a single pot on the apartment balcony.