7 Things about Fear
When I hold my “Ask the Coach” parties (the next one is at BookWoman bookstore at 7pm on Tuesday, Oct 5), the question I’m most asked is about fear. What to do about the fear?
I wish I had a magic wand to wave away each and every one of our fears. Alas, I don’t. What I can offer are a few observations and a reference:
- Everyone feels it.
- It’s not going to ever disappear from life.
- It’s a sign of growth.
- It takes more energy to manage fear than to do what you fear doing.
- At the bottom of every fear is the mother of all fears: “I won’t be able to handle it.”
- Fear paralyzes us when we refuse to acknowledge it.
- So . . . “Feel the fear and do it anyway.”
For further reading: Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers PhD.
Photo by Jordan P?rez ?rdenes