A prospective client has asked me: What is your coaching philosophy? The question stuck with me even after our conversation ended. So far, I’ve come up with the following “coaching manifesto.” I’m sure there is more to follow, but for now:
1. Think sequentially. Nothing gets done overnight.
2. Never, ever, give away your power.
3. Go where the energy is.
4. No more bake sales. Stop doing the grunt work; instead, think and lead.
5. Never say — or think — “should.”
6. Do 15 minutes of nothing a day. It clears a space for self-awareness.
7. Self-awareness is the first step to power.
8. One step at a time.
9. If you haven’t managed to do it by now, it’s likely that you don’t really want to do it.
10. Live and learn.