I met Marjorie Burciaga at a recent “meeting of the minds” luncheon hosted by the fabulous event-based marketing women at CE Group Austin (Maryam Fernandez, Natalie Mendoza, Randee Wallerstein) and the Driskill Hotel‘s catering diva, Linda Poole. Great food, great women, great venue!
It came as no surprise when Burciaga, in a sleek tan pants suit, told me that she’s an image consultant. I had already admired her sense of understated elegance.
Turns out, she’s the woman behind a really useful article in this month’s austinwoman magazine: “Don’t Be a ‘Business Casual’ Casualty.”
Here are a few of Marjorie’s best tips for achieving a relaxed, classy look for work:
- Don’t confuse social dress with business casual dress
- Start with what you have in your own closet
- Make sure your clothes are altered to fit your body
- Aim for a streamlined silhouette, which says, “I’ve got it all under control”
- Grooming is essential to your overall impression
The best part of the article? Marjorie offers a checklist for a business casual basic wardrobe.