I love travelling! I love leaving on that jet plane — and then I love to return home. The experience of ‘away’ reminds me how I love the life of clarity I’ve created in Austin.
Back in Austin after three weeks in Germany and England, I’m making a list of what I love about my Austin lifestyle. (Warning: it’s an outlier list that has nothing to do with acting like a hipster.) Here goes:
- walking around Town Lake, er, Lady Bird Lake
- yummy foods, both fresh and ready-made, from Central Market
- Julio’s, comfort food in the ‘hood
- Natural Gardener and Barton Springs Nursery
- Dancing Red Ranch, my weekend sanctuary
- KLBJ on weekend mornings: six hours of gardening goodness from John Dromgoole, Jeff Ferris, Tom Spencer, and Sheryl McLaughlin
- browsing Next to New consignment shop after a good day’s work
- My personal dream team: Janet the massage therapist, Melanie the mani/pedicurist, and Thao the hair stylist
- KLRU, giving me three times the PBS love
- Local lunch faves: Upper Crust Bakery, and Sarah’s Grill
Tell me! What do you love about your life of clarity?